Sunday, March 15, 2009

WE ARE THE GODFORSAKEN HEIL.

Sitting at my girlfriends, stokin her laptop and declaring it a Reagan Youth Day. Thats pretty much the best start to any blog and I'm frothing right now.

WE ARE REAGAN YOUTH.
REAGAN YOUTH.
REAGAN YOUTH, SIEG HEIL.

Its kinda the song you want to cover, maybe even change the lyrics to make it a little more modern however you also don't wanna come off all wanky and ruin a great song. The prices we pay in this life. Geez.

Friday night was Taipan and Deathcage. Wasn't a bad night at all. Caught up with the gang and some peeps I haven't seen in a while before Deathcage came one. Spider turned a half-hallway into a makeshift rockstar dressing room and did a little jiggle and jive with his mic to hype himself. Maybe if he hung a drape and got a makeup artist such a display could have his band supporting Airbourne and playing stadiums in no time? Could possibly suit his cute little pout-and-flex when the cameras come out? Haha, despite my jokes they still a good band and put on a great set. Spit, punches, beer and water was all over everyone and we were enjoying watching a hippie dance about all weird and get smashed about by punks. His little hemp handbag ripped and personal effects including nail polish, coins, hippy belt, chalk, and god knows what else spilled everywhere. When the coins were handed back to him he was swallowing them. Admittedly there wasn't a great deal of chest beating about muscled up punks/skins smashing a wasted hippie (kinda like kicking a child, funny but don't make a career out of it!) but having said that it was funny as shit and the whole spectacle was great. I had my bus hammer out and enjoyed uncorordinated drunk moshing and being covered in beer.
Between set I got corrected on one of my misconceptions about GAUZE by a guy at the bar and I made pitstops between the Lansdowne and The Broardway Cafe where my girlfriend and her friend were drinking cocktails that tasted like fruity port. Was supposed to be a couples night as her friend brought the better half out but I decided to be all UP THE PUNX and ducked out here and there to check bands. I am a bad boyfriend and I'm suprised my girlfriend hasn't put my nuts in a vice over it. (love you Cait :D).

Taipan were up next and were just as good. People moshing alot and throwing leftover hippie coins. They covered NIGHTSTALKER and everyone just had to kill someone. A skinny Tammworth native known as Admo got the mic and went crazy everywhere. Tables and chairs were thrown. A bunch of chicks against the wall copped a barstool to their heads. My bus hammer found a rib or two and some gym-king lookin dude pulled up Admo from taking a pool cue to mosh with. Saw a mate grab a bouncer/barstaff and pussh him from side to side with no regard. I loved it. Total lawlessness and if all gigs were like that I'd probably shave my head and mosh with a chain.
One little question but. Seemed people went crazy for Nightstalker more than the other songs. I'd even go a little further and say some people were only there just waiting for the cover. How would the band feel about this? Does it matter? Is that poserism or going for what you know? A point for the future I guess.

LETS ALL SHOOT SOME SPEED.
LETS GET REALLY WIRED.
LET'S ALL SPEED FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS.
I'VE BEEN AWAKE NOW AND I'M NOT TIRED.

Back off to Denman tomorrow for driving, driving, driving and job searching. I hate the place but the comfort of my room is soothing as hell, even if it is stuffy and small. More downloading, more mail ordering. The records grow, the iPod fills, the death of mankind is coming and the soundtrack is a mixtape of my records and my hard drive.
Stay sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment